Isabel Marant Talks about The inspiration behind "The Wedged Sneakers"

It's safe to say that Isabel Marant set the wedge sneaker trend in motion. Although there are tons of imitators the original is always the best. In an article given by fashionista.com Isabel Marant spoke about how she had the idea for a wedged sneaker since she was a teenager.


Here's an excerpt from the article given byfashionista.com

“It’s something I did since I was a teenager. I would cut up cork and put pieces of cork into my sneakers because I wanted to look taller. And I always thought about this, what I was doing when I was young, and I thought I should really achieve something around this idea. Sneakers are so comfortable but at the same time it’s not very elegant. To have a little heel in it makes a difference, it gives you legs–I mean, I know women, I am a woman, so I know what we are searching for!”


To check out the full article visit: fashionista.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
KICK PASSION : FOR WOMEN WHO LOVE KICKS! © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects